Winter announced its arrival with the recent Storm Arwen causing damage and chaos across the country.
And while many of us batten down the hatches during the colder months, some of us are seeking to start the new year in a new home.
Once you’ve selected the estate agent representing you, it’s time to think of the best ways to showcase your property.
The good news is there are plenty of serious buyers out there at this time of year.
Below are five pieces of winter selling property advice, based on our years of experience, which can turn an early 2022 move from a dream into a reality.
- Get Cosy. Something as simple as ensuring your home is warm and well-lit during winter viewings can make a significant difference in how prospective buyers feel about your home.
- Maintenance Matters. Winter weather can highlight little niggles such as leaves blocking guttering. You want to remove as many possible concerns a buyer might have about making your home theirs.
- The Great Outdoors. If you have a garden, don’t ignore the impact winter storms and weather can have on its visual appeal. Before putting your home on the market, tidy up your outdoor areas and keep a weekly eye on them to ensure they are looking their best.
- Think Flooring. Carpets and flooring can take a hammering over the wetter months, so be mindful of how your flooring looks to a prospective buyer.
- Seasonal Change. If your property has been on the market for a few months and has not sold, you need to ask your agent to take fresh marketing photos. For example, a property on sale in the winter with pictures taken during the summer can dramatically date your home and raise concerns among prospective buyers.
We’ve plenty more advice about selling in the winter months, so feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about how to get moving successfully.
Thanks for reading.